Bmw X3 Cooling System Diagram

  1. Diagram of cooling system

    Does anyone kindly know of where I can print off a diagram of an E46 coolant system?

    I have a leak behind the engine and, when I phone up BMW, they don't know what part I need becuase I don't know what I'm talking about. Even my mechanic doesn't know that it's called!

    A diagram would help as I could circle the part needed and fax it off...


  2. TRY RealOEM.com

    If you are looking for the Engine cooling try this link http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.d...38&hg=17&fg=05

    Or just search the RealOEM.COM site for the correct system, the E46 section/link is http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.d...2&mospid=47638


  3. heater hoses run behind the engine near the fire wall

  4. Nazia, You could ask BMW to fax you a diagram of cooling system rather than you looking for it, or alternatively just walk in into the parts department and they will show you the diagram on the computer, you can identify what you need and get it right away.
    Your mechanic should have some idea what he needs......

  5. I just replaced a coolant expansion tank in a 2003 BMW semi auto a week ago and it is leaking at the bottom connector which th etank just sat on.
    Does anybody know whether you have to put any gasket gunk on it or is it just supposed to be water tight by connecting the two even though that is obviously not the case in my situation?

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Armada View Post

    I just replaced a coolant expansion tank in a 2003 BMW semi auto a week ago and it is leaking at the bottom connector which th etank just sat on.
    Does anybody know whether you have to put any gasket gunk on it or is it just supposed to be water tight by connecting the two even though that is obviously not the case in my situation?

    Check the installation of the bottom of cool toes. This is the cool return from the heater. The leading edge of the connector must be one half of an inch from the vertical tube or else you'll have a leak. Ask me how I know!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Armada View Post

    I just replaced a coolant expansion tank in a 2003 BMW semi auto a week ago and it is leaking at the bottom connector which th etank just sat on.
    Does anybody know whether you have to put any gasket gunk on it or is it just supposed to be water tight by connecting the two even though that is obviously not the case in my situation?

    You do not have to put any gasket sealer on any of the cooling system parts. Make sure everything is seated properly and that retaining clips (if applicable) are fastened securely. If I remember correctly, the only difference on the auto is the extra thermostat for the transmission, otherwise it's the same connection at the bottom.

    I remember it was a pain to get seated all the way but finally managed to get it to fit by removing the plastic connection bit from the bracket on the radiator, then securing the connection to the expansion tank, then reinserting the expansion tank+ connection into the slot on the bracket and hooking the rest of the hoses up. Otherwise I was worried I would break the plastic hooks fastening the connection to the bracket if I tried to just push the expansion tank bottle down into place.


Source: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?768917-Diagram-of-cooling-system

Posted by: ellsworthbrocklehurste0194157.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

0 Comments